Wednesday, December 30, 2009

England! Day 7

Not too much going on today. We were planning on going to a castle, but the weather was so dreadful that we stayed home and watched the new BBC Day of the Triffids remake and played games. I really liked this version, though it had a few big plot holes that are bothering me a little bit. It had Eddie Izzard as the main bad guy, which is a bit distracting because all I can think about is his "CAKE OR DEATH" sketch whenever I see him in serious films.

We went out to a lovely pub for dinner, which did a pretty dreadful garlic chili prawn stirfry, but had delightful lentil soup. I knew I should have stuck with the fish and chips! More games after dinner.

Tomorrow we're hoping to go out to a castle or something like that, but the weather may stay gray and gloomy.

3 comments:

  1. Eddie Izzard + Day of the Triffids is possibly the best thing ever. I should attempt to acquire that somehow. (I have never actually seen any movie version of Day of the Triffids. Well, unless you could 28 Days Later, which has essentially the same plot but more zombies.)

    Have you ever read the book? 'Cause it's pretty awesome, if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually read it, but I would like to. You should definitly try to aquire this version, it was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to read more of his books. Alas, the only other one we have at the library is The Midwich Cuckoos (on which Village of the Damned was based) and I didn't care for that one as much.

    I wonder if they're available online...

    ReplyDelete