Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Geetar

For some reason, the Saturday before last I randomly decided that I wanted to learn to play the guitar. I've dabbled with bass some, but it never really went anywhere; sometimes I think that I just don't have the patience for musical instruments. But for some reason I decided what I really wanted to do was to play American folk music and weird old country songs on the guitar. Who knows why.

So I picked up Dad's guitar on Saturday and Eddy's guitar today and now I can kinda-sorta painfully bang out all three chords of "This Land is Your Land" (D, G, A7). The tips of my fingers feel like they're about to fall off, but it feels good.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations - that's pretty awesome.

    Hope your fingers feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there will come a time - if you keep at it - that your fingers will not always be sore. if you can tough it out and keep at it every day for a bit it will get better...

    dad

    ReplyDelete