Tuesday, April 14, 2009

School Stuff

So, I went and talked to Dr. Koppelman today (my favorite prof and one of the Medievalists in the English department) to ask her some questions about the Medieval Studies minor and what kind of things would be helpful for grad school. At her recommendation, I have officially decided that I'm going to minor in French as well as Medieval Studies. I was kind of on the fence before about the French - I like French, but it's not my favorite subject in the world - but since both of my French professors have told me that I should definitely continue with it and now Dr. K is saying that it will be good for grad school, I'm going to go for it. I'll have to overload for all of next year, but I really don't think it will be that bad.

So for the Medieval Studies minor I'm going to take:
Arthurian Romances (Lit 5 credits)
Chaucer (Lit 5 credits)
Medieval Sexualities (Lit 5 credits)
Medieval Philosophy (Phil 5 credits)
Some sort of Medieval History (Hist 5 credits)
Latin I,II,III (Lang 10 credits. For some reason Latin I doesn't count. Who knows why)
That's 35 credits and I think my Intro to British Lit I class counts, so really that'll be 40 credits. I only need 30, so there's some leeway here. All the lit classes will count towards my major too.

For French I'll just need to take French IV,V,VI and a culture class, so 20 credits.

I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. 8)

    So, now I'm going to rec my lj friends to you - toft_froggy is a classicist/medievalist in training and she often posts really interesting things on those topics. (Well, and SGA fanfic.) You might enjoy reading her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolio, thank you! I will definitely go check her lj out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowser girlie....I love a plan! And a girl that takes action...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dude! I pretty much have the next two years planned out in terms of classes, I just need to go and talk to the head of the Medieval Studies department and work out a couple of history classes. I love a plan as well!

    ReplyDelete