Monday, June 1, 2009

Pasta alla Vodka (or White Wine)

Look at the deliciousness that I have just created!


It's basically Pioneer Woman's recipe, but I've substituted white wine for vodka (since I didn't have any and didn't have a legal means of acquiring any) and about a third of a shallot for the onion (since I'm an onion hater!) It's mostly regular pasta, but with a couple of handfuls of whole wheat to get to a pound.

This was pretty much the best thing I've eaten in a while. Eddy and Tyler both loved it as well. I want to try it with vodka sometime and see how it tastes, but I loved the floral wineyness of the sauce, it really went well with the tomato. (I think I lose all foodie cred using a word like "wineyness". Ah well.)

1 comment:

  1. This looks great - we can have it for a pasta night this summer and really use vodka. You don't really need any foodie cred. (I really hate that "word")...

    ReplyDelete