Saturday, July 3, 2010

Feminist London - Day 1

Well! I made it to London! I flew by myself internationally for the first time, waited a god-awful long time at customs, took the tube, lugged my suitcase up many stairs and finally made it to Marylebone hall, but only after walking up and down the street for about 15 minutes before I realized that I needed to get to the other side to get to where I wanted to go. Whew. Of course, by this time it was only 11, and I couldn't check in until 2.

I finally did check in, and settled in to my itty-bitty room, with it's cute, but slightly claustrophobia inducing bathroom.

From Feminist London July 3


It's like an airplane bathroom, only with a shower.

Sadly, all the members of our group are scattered throughout the 20 stories of Marylebone Hall, but I was lucky enough to be on a floor with two other girls - Christina and Annelise - who I went to dinner with (Italian - yum! The nearby pub was too full of soccer hooligans to go). The group is meeting for breakfast tomorrow at 10 - which seems super late to me - but then we have a free day for the rest of the afternoon. I don't have many plans yet, so we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I'm glad you got in all right and managed to get good Italian food. 8)

    ReplyDelete