Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feminist London - Day 4

Well, I was expecting today to be a pretty relaxing, but it ended up being super busy! We had our first class session this morning, discussing Mary Wollstonecraft and Bathsua Makin for 10-12. We don't have a classroom anywhere to do the actual class portion of the course, so we went to a nearby park and sat in a lovely gazebo.

I had planned to go by myself to visit Southwark Cathedral today - the cathedral where medieval poet John Gower is buried - but Anna and Christina decided to go with me, making the trip much more exciting.

From Feminist London July 6


Instead of just going to the cathedral (which was stunning - though I was quickly informed that I couldn't take pictures inside without a permit...I snuck some of Gower though), we ended up finding the ruin of a medieval palace, a random Elizabethan ship, and the Clink Prison museum! Apparently the Clink Prison is where we get the slang term "clink" from. It was a bit silly, with spooky lighting and random noises, but really fun. It's one of those places where you can put your friends in the stocks and take pictures and things.

We found some dinner after that at another Italian place. I officially need to go to a pub and get fish and chips! But we were given a little coupon book on the Big Bus tour yesterday, with a coupon for the Spaghetti House, so we figured we might as well.

Off to Westminster Abbey tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment