Friday, July 23, 2010

Feminist London - Days 20 & 21

I think this is going to be my last post! We're moving to a hotel near Heathrow tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll have internet access.

Yesterday was a pretty slow day. We had a class meeting in the morning and I spent the afternoon doing some GRE studying and thinking about my Honors Thesis (which I just found out that I was officially accepted to do! Woohoo!)

Today was much more exciting. First, we went as a group to visit the grave of Emmeline Pankhurst, the great English suffragette. So that was cool, but I felt a little weird taking smiley group pictures in a cemetery. Oh well. After that, I went to the British Library where they were having a big exhibition on maps, which was pretty cool. I'm really glad I went back though, because they had a bunch of different manuscripts on display in their "Treasures" collections than they did when Eddy and I went over Christmas. This time I was able to see the Sir Gawain and the Green Knight manuscript, which was so cool!

Also today, Anna and I went to see Les Miz! We had the worst seats possible and could only see about 2/3 of the stage. That was fine for the most part, except Eponine died in the corner of the stage that I could not see at all, but we could hear everything just fine. The most ridiculous part of the show was Marius, who was played by Nick Jonas. Of the Jonas brothers. Seriously. He was surprisingly good!

From Feminist London July 23
Bed now. I have to finish packing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment