Friday, July 16, 2010

Feminist London Day 14

Day fourteen! I can't believe that it's been two weeks already! I'm not nearly ready to go home yet.

Today was another museum day (though, to be honest, most days are museum days!) We went as a group to the Florence Nightingale museum, as we had briefly studied her along with Mary Seacole (another nurse working during the Crimean war) in our class. The museum is pretty small, but details her life, her work during the war, and how she revolutionized nursing. For a small museum, it packed in a lot of information!

After a group lunch at a nearby Japanese place

From Feminist London July 16

I headed off to the Imperial War museum, which was way more depressing than I remember it being. Really, I guess I should have seen that coming. I went through the sections on the First and Second World War, the British Secret Service, modern international conflicts, and the Holocaust memorial. (I didn't take too many pictures from this museum, cause I thought that would be a little tacky). It's a really well done museum, but it's left me feeling a little gloomy.

We have a free day tomorrow and I think a bunch of us are going to tea in the morning and then to the British Museum. Eddy and I went last Christmas, but we barely saw any of the museum; hopefully I'll be able to spend a lot more time there tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's hilarious! I'd show it to my professor, but I'm not sure she'd appreciate the humor. :) That totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete