Sunday, July 11, 2010

Feminist London - Day 9

Today I had a very trying morning that thankfully was more than made up for by a wonderful day at the Tate Britain and Tate Britain, and the fact that Spain won the World Cup! Go Spain!

Anyway. I had to put money on my oyster card today, couldn't do it with either my debit or credit cards, got lost trying to find a bank to get cash, finally got the money on my oyster card, walked forever to get the bus to the Tate Britain, only to have the bus diverted for about 20 minutes because there's some kind of marathon going on in London. When I finally get to the Tate, everyone had gone to the other entrance, so I was freaked, thinking that I had gone to the wrong Tate first. Whew.

Luckily, I met up with the rest of my group pretty quickly after I got into the museum. The Tate Britain was lovely, but I think I really preferred the Tate Modern. This was one of my favorite paintings:

From Feminist London July 11

Picasso "The Three Dancers" 1925

I wasn't supposed to take pictures, but I sneakily took a couple. We took a boat between the two Tates, where I discovered just how nasty the river Thames is. The water is completely brown! Yuck.

Later we went to the Marylebone pub to watch the World Cup. Most of the crowd were for Spain (as they should have been) but there were two really loud and obnoxious Netherlands supporters. We showed them though!

Another museum day tomorrow - The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery - but we're free to go to those whenever we want. A group of us are sleeping in and then going out for waffles. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment